It’s the beginning of the year and everyone talks about New Year’s Resolutions. While I’ve never really participated in the time-honored tradition, my friend Chris Cookley just updated his website to include a list of his resolutions. After reading them, I felt like it was a good idea to use this site as a sounding board for my own personal goals in addition to the site’s goals.
Through my years in organization leadership, I’ve learned that it is important to set very specific, realistic goals. You can sound all dreamy and next-generational when you’re coming up with your mission statement, but when you start breaking down your organization, having clearly defined goals is essential for success. So, with that being said, here are my specific goals for this year, 2013.
- Read at least 3 books regarding UX and marketing this year.
- Create an application for Windows 8 that could be accepted into the marketplace.
- Cycle at least 1,000 miles this year
- Dedicate this year to a child in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program
- Make decisive changes to my business that increases customer satisfaction throughout the project